Talker is an ew-too style talker for Windows. The same software was used successfully by the "Amnesia House" talker from 1996 - 2009.
- Easy installation process
- Runs as a service application
- Graphical interface for administration
- EW2 emulation
- Intercom protocol
- Asynchronous DNS resolution
- RFC 1073 Telnet Window Size Option
- RFC 1091 Telnet Terminal-Type Option
- RFC 1413 Identification Protocol
- Windows 2000 and above
- TCP/IP Networking
- 3 - 15 mb disk space
The files listed below and the contents of each archive are made available exclusively from the geoffswift.com website. Please do not redistribute without permission.
- Download and execute the installer setuptalker.exe. It is recommended to run the installer as Administrator.
- This step is optional. Copy the contents of talkerpatch.zip into the folder where you installed Talker, this is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Talker
- Make any changes to the configuration using the "tray icon" app
- Start the talker using the "tray icon" or the Windows Service Control Manager (SCM).
If you have any problems, please feel free to get in touch.
There are some extra things which might be made available, if they can be found...
- Help files written by Jarrel and Balsa
- PHP Website, see snapshot on the Wayback machine
Talker was coded by Geoffrey Swift and Mark Robson aka blimey and Slart.